Monday, July 18, 2016

LOOK MOM I GOT A TATTOO! CONFESSIONS OF A TATTOO-AHOLIC...

IMAGE VIA PINTEREST
Believe it or not I wasn’t always the tattoo enthusiast you see before you today. Once upon a time I was a fresh canvas with no inspirations to draw on my body. I remember harping on my little sister years before, trying to convince her of the evil tendencies that spawn from getting a tattoo. Of course if you saw me now you would surely shout out “HYPOCRITE!” and insist that I be tarred and feathered at once. Sorry sis, I think I would have to chalk that up to sibling rivalry.
With keeping that apology in mind- here is an interesting fact about me, not only does that actual image and meaning move me to continue adding to my already 16 tattoos but here are two secret sources of motivation that always cross my mind. 

1. Will mom just freak out when I proudly show off my latest ink?
2. Can I hide my tattoos in a professional setting, and do I really want to anymore?

Now I am not sure if you can tell by that first one that I am quite the little trickster when it comes to my role as my mother’s daughter. She’s a forgiving soul that accepts my bratty ways for better or for worse. For the most part my mother will look over the new art and give a heartfelt analysis, with some rather supportive follow up questions. I think deep down inside she knows I am a fairly cautious person that puts thought into everything I set my mind to do.

Moving on to my second motivational reason, feeling the need to hide something that I am proud of and want to show off. Well first off I should say; although tattoos are becoming a tool for my generations to self-identify they can also hinder your professional life should you decide to climb that corporate ladder. I have to say the best way for ME to cover up is to fill my closet full of cardigans, one for each day of the week or colour of the rainbow. I will say that I am fairly happy with the results that the cardigan provides but here are some of the down points to having to cover up while at work, summer time can be hot as hell! Sometimes the length of the sleeve doesn’t cover it all and then there is the final reason, what if I want to show off all these pretty pictures all over my body? I think the best way to determine what works as an individual is to assess your life and what can and will work for you. Perhaps limiting your wardrobe isn’t the best answer, but always keep in mind that although times are different now you still want to keep your best foot forward because first impressions tend to go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Recent

blog

Random